From: Adam Carter <adamcarter3@×××××.com>
To: "gentoo-user@l.g.o" <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Keep alive within SSH session
Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2016 22:31:34
1 On Mon, Jul 18, 2016 at 12:02 AM, Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > I am not sure of the correct approach to achieve a prolonged remote
4 > debugging
5 > session through SSH and avoid the SSH session timing out.
6 >
7 > This is what I try to achieve:
8 >
9 > I login into a router with SSH from my PC. Then I can run certain
10 > commands to
11 > start and monitor a debugging session in the router. However, if I leave
12 > alone the SSH session, it will soon time out.
15 Have you checked the router config for a session timeout? Eg on a Cisco you
16 may have something like;
17
18 ssh timeout 30
19
20 Often setting this to 0 will disable the timeout, but RTFM.