From: Dave Nebinger <dnebinger@××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Syslog-ng has shell port open...
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2005 18:06:22
1 So I'm busy tracking down a tcp connection issue on my server and I see that
2 *.shell is open (not a good thing).
3
4 So I do the 'netstat -pl' command to see who has that socket open and, low and
5 behold, it happens to be syslog-ng.
6
7 So I'm thinking that's kinda odd, there's no reason that syslog-ng should have
8 the shell port open for any reason.
9
10 Looking at my syslog-ng.conf file, the only sources I have defined are:
11
12 source src { unix-stream("/dev/log");
13 internal();
14 pipe("/proc/kmsg");
15 udp();
16 tcp(max_connections(10));
17 };
18
19 These, to me, do not look like they should result in an open shell port.
20
21 Anyone out there with ideas as to why it is opened by syslog-ng and how I can
22 get it closed down?
23
24 Thanks!
25