From: Dave Nebinger <dnebinger@××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Syslog-ng has shell port open... SOLVED
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2005 18:12:20
1 On Monday 17 October 2005 02:00 pm, Dave Nebinger wrote:
2 > So I'm busy tracking down a tcp connection issue on my server and I see
3 > that *.shell is open (not a good thing).
4 >
5 > So I do the 'netstat -pl' command to see who has that socket open and, low
6 > and behold, it happens to be syslog-ng.
7
8 My bad. Forgot that under tcp 544 is shell, but under udp 544 is syslog. I
9 had both tcp and udp open, which is why shell port was open.
10
11 Dave
12 --
13 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list