From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Question about making a tarball
Date: Sat, 02 May 2009 02:55:12
1 Stroller wrote:
2 >
3 > I don't understand how this creates a stage4 of your system.
4 >
5 > How EXACTLY are you creating the stage4, please? What guide are you
6 > following?
7 >
8 > When I have in the past created a backup stage4 (which I have to admit
9 > I've never needed to test), I have used a stage4.exclude file like
10 > that described at [1], then used the tar command specified there.
11 >
12 > <insert s-tar comment or joke here>
13 >
14 > Either I'm confused, or I expect the remainder of the thread to be
15 > confused because the basic premise of what you're trying to do has not
16 > been clearly defined.
17 >
18 > Stroller.
22 > [1] http://en.gentoo-wiki.com/wiki/Custom_Stage4#The_TAR_system
26 I'm wanting to print this page, from the link above. Is it me or does
27 some of the lines run off the edge of the margins and get lost? I have
28 tried this in both Seamonkey and Konqueror with the same results. I
29 also tried to copy and paste it to OOo and Kwrite and it cuts it off
30 too. One line that seems consistent is the line about options not being
31 used with tar, the -p option. It looks ok on the website but not when
32 printed.
33
34 Just curious.
35