From: Daniel Frey <djqfrey@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] managing chromium exceptions
Date: Sun, 04 Jun 2017 14:40:09
1 On 06/04/2017 02:17 AM, Jorge Almeida wrote:
2 > I just had the experience of visiting a linux-related site
3 > (http://libv.livejournal.com/22968.html) and seeing a panel with ads
4 > about house appliances (from a site I had actually visited before).
5 > The panel actually blocks part of the page, and is impossible to
6 > remove. This is caused by some javascript linked to some crap-factory
7 > named criteo.com.
8 > I'm using chromium, but I just checked that the same happens with
9 > Firefox, so the fault lies with
10 > http://libv.livejournal.com and not with Google (for once)
11 >
12 > Now, I tried to edit the settings of chromium to block javascript from
13 > criteo.com. Guess what, the "manage exceptions..." dialog opens a
14 > popup window with an example for the aptly named domain example.com,
15 > and _doesn't allow any change at all_! No way to add an exception, nor
16 > to remove it (not that there's much to remove)
17 >
18 > Ah, the state of browsers for linux!
19 >
20 > Please tell me I'm not the only one to whom such beautiful things happen.
21 >
22 > Jorge Almeida
25 Bad news...
26
27 I have Chrome installed, and I went to the first linked website and
28 added a Block exception for criteo.com no problem.
29
30 Dan