From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: make menuconfig
Date: Wed, 03 Sep 2008 18:10:53
1 <vetrocemento <at> gmail.com> writes:
4 > Hi people :)
5 > can anyone help me setting the kernel with only the strictly needed modules
6 for the my
7 > laptop's hardware?
8
9 Well,
10
11 Here is a very basic url to help you get started:
12
13 http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_Detailed_Kernel_Configuration
16 There is another method using 'genkernel' but, I would
17 not recommend that (many others will disagree)...
20 I brought up the subject, recently, about this very issue,
21 but it seems no many believe folks need a wiki (which is
22 maintained) related to kernel building that does not
23 involve genkernel.
24
25 From Gmane.org you can find this tread:
26
27 From: James <wireless <at> tampabay.rr.com>
28 Subject: make oldconfig
29 Newsgroups: gmane.linux.gentoo.user
30 Date: 2008-08-04 21:04:44 GMT (4 weeks, 1 day, 20 hours and 59 minutes ago)
33 It seems your posting validates my previous concerns.....
34 (ouch, now that's going to leave a mark)....
35
36 imho,
37 James