From: Frank Steinmetzger <Warp_7@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: any one using ubuntu phones?
Date: Tue, 07 Jul 2015 16:07:25
1 On Tue, Jun 30, 2015 at 09:53:23AM -0600, Jc García wrote:
2 > 2015-06-30 8:28 GMT-06:00 »Q« <boxcars@×××.net>:
3 > > On Tue, 30 Jun 2015 06:36:10 -0400
4 > > "Walter Dnes" <waltdnes@××××××××.org> wrote:
5 > >> They've removed text from the "File Edit View etc..."
6 > >> menu. Instead, they've inserted a bunch of heiroglyphics/icons.
7 > >
8 > > The old-school, drop-down, text-only menu bar can be unhidden via a
9 > > checkbox in the 'customize' dialog. It's been hidden by default since
10 > > well before Australis.
11 > Just presing the Alt key also shows the dropdown menus, and all those
12 > icons dont need to be there, contrary to a claim made here I found
13 > this the most customizable GUI firefox has had,
14
15 Mozilla’s Marketing claimed this, too. But before Australis hit, the menu
16 was just another movable item which allowed me to have everything in a
17 single bar at the top: menu, address bar and bookmarks. This was not
18 possible anymore after the change.
19 Thankfully, at some point I found pentadactyl (vimperator fork) which
20 enabled me to reduce the FX GUI to the web view and the single status bar
21 with noscript/adblock/flashblock icon, plus the tabbar if needed. The only
22 thing I really miss now is FlagFox, b/c that can’t be moved out of the
23 address bar anymore.
26 Gruß | Greetings | Qapla’
27 Please do not share anything from, with or about me on any social network.
28
29 Big events may cast their shadow under the eyes.

fx3.png image/png