From: "J. Roeleveld" <joost@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] dhcp delays when booting (wicd)
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2012 03:46:13
1 Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 >On Tue, Oct 16, 2012 at 2:08 PM, Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
4 >wrote:
5 >> On Tue, 16 Oct 2012 12:38:43 -0700, Mark Knecht wrote:
6 >>
7 >>> I've been using wicd for quite awhile on my laptop and it works
8 >fine
9 >>> with both wired and wireless interfaces. However I'm using it more
10 >>> lately where I have to boot the machine from scratch. In this case I
11 >>> face a rather long delay once or possibly twice during boot.
12 >>> Basically, the boot scripts say the networking interfaces aren't
13 >>> turned on so it attempts to run dhcpd. I do not enable nor have I
14 >even
15 >>> added net.eth0 or net.wlan0 in rc-update. (I think that's correct,
16 >and
17 >>> it does work.)
18 >>
19 >> Do you have this in /etc/rc.conf?
20 >>
21 >> rc_hotplug="!net.*"
22 >>
23 >> Without it, hotplug will try to start the network even if the net.*
24 >> scripts aren't in your runlevel.
27 >> --
28 >> Neil Bothwick
29 >>
30 >> Top Oxymorons Number 41: Good grief
31 >
32 >Ah, is that the one Joost was talking about?!@? Made the change and
33 >now I'm booting quickly and networking (wireless anyway as I'm not
34 >near a wired connector right now) is fine when I log into KDE.
35 >
36 >Thanks to both you and Joost.
37 >
38 >Cheers,
39 >Mark
40
41 Mark.
42
43 Yes. That's the one.
44 Don't have the file on the mobile phone...
45
46 Glad to hear you got it working.
49 Joost
50 --
51 Sent from my Android phone with K-9 Mail. Please excuse my brevity.