From: Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Greylisting vs. reject_rbl_client
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2006 15:10:51
1 > > Do you think this postfix anti-spam configuration is OK:
2 > >
3 > > smtpd_delay_reject = yes
4 > > smtpd_helo_required = yes
5 > > smtpd_helo_restrictions =
6 > > permit_mynetworks,
7 > > reject_non_fqdn_hostname,
8 > > reject_invalid_hostname,
9 > > permit
10 >
11 > I'd be careful with non_fqdn_hostname
12
13 What's wrong with that? Here's how the postfix docs describe it:
14
15 reject_non_fqdn_helo_hostname (with Postfix < 2.3: reject_non_fqdn_hostname)
16 Reject the request when the HELO or EHLO hostname is not in
17 fully-qualified domain form, as required by the RFC.
18
19 > > smtpd_sender_restrictions =
20 > > permit_mynetworks,
21 > > reject_non_fqdn_sender,
22 > > reject_unknown_sender_domain,
23 > > permit
24 > > smtpd_recipient_restrictions =
25 > > permit_mynetworks,
26 > > reject_non_fqdn_recipient,
27 > > reject_unknown_recipient_domain,
28 > > reject_unauth_destination,
29 > > permit
30 >
31 > That's pretty much what I run and you might want to look at
32 > smtpd_data_restrictions as well.
33
34 What do you use with smtpd_data_restrictions? I was considering
35 reject_unauth_pipelining but the docs have me confused with the "Note"
36 below:
37
38 reject_unauth_pipelining
39 Reject the request when the client sends SMTP commands ahead of time
40 where it is not allowed, or when the client sends SMTP commands ahead
41 of time without knowing that Postfix actually supports ESMTP command
42 pipelining. This stops mail from bulk mail software that improperly
43 uses ESMTP command pipelining in order to speed up deliveries.
44 Note: reject_unauth_pipelining is not useful outside
45 smtpd_data_restrictions when 1) the client uses ESMTP (EHLO instead of
46 HELO) and 2) with "smtpd_delay_reject = yes" (the default). The use of
47 reject_unauth_pipelining in the other restriction contexts is
48 therefore not recommended.
49
50 > > Would it be OK to remove the following aliases since I never use them:
51 >
52 > It's good form to keep them on your server and compile with the relvent
53 > RFC which specifies these.
54
55 Those aliases must be bringing in some spam though.
56
57 - Grant
58 --
59 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list