From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Do we have to build gcc with fortran now?
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2011 05:08:14
1 Mike Edenfield wrote:
2 > On 6/22/2011 2:35 PM, Dale wrote:
5 >> When I did that, it complained that cantor was built with no backend.
6 >> Did you get the same thing? It said this here:
7 >>
8 >> WARN (postinst)
9 >>
10 >> You have decided to build cantor with no backend.
11 >> To have this application functional, please do one of below:
12 >> # emerge -va1 '='kde-base/cantor-4.6.4 with 'R' USE flag enabled
13 >> # emerge -vaDu sci-mathematics/maxima
14 >>
15 > The odds of you ever needing to use cantor are practically nil. And if
16 > you did, you'd probably already have R installed and know what FORTRAN
17 > was. So, don't worry about it.
18 >
19 > --Mike
24 I never noticed it being there. So, naw I don't need it. Good ole
25 kde-meta pulled it in tho.
26
27 Dale
28