From: Mike Edenfield <kutulu@××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Do we have to build gcc with fortran now?
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2011 21:50:35
1 On 6/23/2011 1:04 AM, Dale wrote:
2 > Mike Edenfield wrote:
3 >> On 6/22/2011 2:35 PM, Dale wrote:
4
5 >>> You have decided to build cantor with no backend.
6 >>> To have this application functional, please do one of below:
7 >>> # emerge -va1 '='kde-base/cantor-4.6.4 with 'R' USE flag enabled
8 >>> # emerge -vaDu sci-mathematics/maxima
9
10 >> The odds of you ever needing to use cantor are practically nil. And if
11 >> you did, you'd probably already have R installed and know what FORTRAN
12 >> was. So, don't worry about it.
13
14 > I never noticed it being there. So, naw I don't need it. Good ole
15 > kde-meta pulled it in tho.
16
17 My point was, you can install cantor without R (or maxima) and it will
18 complain loudly that "I'm installing myself broken!"... but it *will*
19 install. And if you never run it, you never need R, thus you never need
20 +fortran, and your gcc will be much happier.
21
22 --Mike