From: reader@×××××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: kview missing 50% of its menus - what to install?
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2005 13:51:40
1 Chris White <chriswhite@g.o> writes:
2
3 > On Tuesday 13 December 2005 11:38, reader@×××××××.com wrote:
4 > [lots of ranting]
5 >
6 > This email would prove more usefull to us if it was less rant and more
7 > specifics. How you want us to figure out what version of kde you're using,
8 > what guide you're talking about, or what browser functionality you're
9 > referring to is beyond me. Give us more details and until you do this
10 > remains nothing BUT a rant.
11
12 Let me try this again, without dorky rant.
13
14 Version of kde 3.4.1 Installed like this:
15 emerge -v kde-base/kdebase
16
17 With that installed, the kview tool appears to be missing several menu
18 items referenced in kde's kview manual.
19
20 My version shows:
21
22 File Edit View Go Tools Settings Help
23 As is expected I believe.
24
25 Clicking help there brings up kview manual. In the headings one
26 finds:
27 A sample KView session
28
29 Beginning there, user is walked thru creating a wallpaper.
30
31 [...] At header:
32 Stirring the Paste
33
34 We find:
35
36 We wanted to be creative, didn't we? KView provides some filter
37 functions to manipulate images. They are (conveniently) placed in the
38 Filter menu. Firstly, we will change the so-called “gamma factor”.
39
40 My kview browser does not have a `Filter menu' and so no `gamma
41 factor' either.
42
43 Further along is header:
44 Cluttering up your desktop:
45 Where we find:
46
47 The great moment has finally come: Choose Desktop->Desktop Tile and
48 admire your incredibly artistic background:
49
50 My kview browser does not have `Desktop->Desktop Tile
51
52 I'm guessing there are other kde packages that add that stuff to
53 kview? And asking what they might be.
54
55 I currently have these installed:
56
57 kde-base/kdegraphics-3.4.1-r1