From: reader@×××××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] kview missing 50% of its menus - what to install?
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2005 01:46:03
1 I've installed kde-base/kdebase. The kview viewer apparantly is
2 missing something like 50% of its functionality. That is, many `menu'
3 items mentioned in reference manual getting started section are not
4 present in my browser.
5
6 The whose section on getting started is useless since many of the
7 needed functions are missing.
8
9 Filters transform gamma brightness blur Desktop... all missing. Or
10 well hidden.
11
12 I'm guessing I need to install some more of kde. So I thought I might
13 kill a fat hog by emerge -v -p kdebase/kde-meta.
14
15 On the contrary this produces a large nasty looking list of pkgs that
16 are blocked by numerous other packages. This looks like a large mess
17 and complete uneccessary time sink and pain in the butt. If it is
18 just some simple chore it is well disguised.
19
20 Anyone know what packages will render kview into something more usable
21 than a counterweight to hold down disk space?
24 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list