From: Joerg.Schilling@fokus.fraunhofer.de (Joerg Schilling)
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Can't get a DVD to burn.
Date: Tue, 06 Apr 2010 12:29:29
1 Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > He was talking about you mentioning hal. I think hal is running on this
4 > thing but just not for xorg. It seems to work fine everywhere except
5 > xorg. Then again, when I put a CD/DVD in, it doesn't mount it
6 > automatically anymore. I think that is a KDE4 thing. I may not have
7 > turned something on. I just haven't looked into it yet.
8
9 The problem is of course also that some features will not work anymore when
10 you diusable hald. The problem with hald is that it interfares programs like
11 cdrecord that exist much longer than hald and that it's creators did not yet
12 start a discussion with me on how such a service could be implemented without
13 affecting or harming cdrecord.
16 Jörg
19 EMail:joerg@××××××××××××××××××××××××.de (home) Jörg Schilling D-13353 Berlin
20 js@××××××××××××.de (uni)