From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Can't get a DVD to burn.
Date: Thu, 01 Apr 2010 21:13:30
1 Joerg Schilling wrote:
2 > Neil Bothwick<neil@××××××××××.uk> wrote:
5 >> On Thu, 01 Apr 2010 17:02:20 +0200, Joerg Schilling wrote:
8 >>> Your media was either accepted after several tries by the drive for
9 >>> unknown reasons and is now usable in general again or you are observing
10 >>> a problem caused by "hald".
11 >>>
12 >> OMG Jörg! Do you have any idea what you've done?
13 >>
14 > Not really, did I say Jehova?
15 >
16 > Jörg
20 He was talking about you mentioning hal. I think hal is running on this
21 thing but just not for xorg. It seems to work fine everywhere except
22 xorg. Then again, when I put a CD/DVD in, it doesn't mount it
23 automatically anymore. I think that is a KDE4 thing. I may not have
24 turned something on. I just haven't looked into it yet.
25
26 I'm going to try to make some new backups tonight and burn them. I'll
27 post the errors if any. I'll burn with the old cdrtools and the one
28 that gave me trouble. We'll see if you can figure it out then. I did
29 what I did because I thought you were on vacation or something. I knew
30 for sure you would jump in with both feet on this error when you saw
31 it. You're the DVD guru. LOL
32
33 Will post what happens if I can stay awake long enough. -_o
34
35 Dale
36