From: Joerg.Schilling@fokus.fraunhofer.de (Joerg Schilling)
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] Reading, editing and then burning a new ISO image using Gentoo
Date: Fri, 09 May 2008 10:35:51
1 Crayon Shin Chan <crayon.shin.chan.uk@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > On Friday 09 May 2008, Mark Knecht wrote:
4 >
5 > > 1) Is there a way for me to read the bootable ISO image into a
6 > > directory on my machine
7 > > 2) Edit the files
8 > > 3) Make a new ISO image from the directory (mkisofs?)
9 > >
10 > > This seems 'relatively' straight forward. I haven't built it yet
11 > > but I found isomaster in portage. Is it a good tool?
12 >
13 > Yes, you can do the above using isomaster:
14 >
15 > 1) mount the iso to get at the files for editing
16 > 2) edit files and save somewhere
17 > 3) open iso image using isomaster
18
19 ....
20
21 I recommend to run "isodebug -i <filename>" to see the commandline the
22 original image has been created with in case it was mkisofs.
23
24 The boot image is usually visible from inside the ISO filesystem, so you
25 should be able to re-create a modified image from the unpacked oldd one.
26
27 Jörg
30 EMail:joerg@××××××××××××××××××××××××.de (home) Jörg Schilling D-13353 Berlin
31 js@××××××××××××.de (uni)