From: Crayon Shin Chan <crayon.shin.chan.uk@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] Reading, editing and then burning a new ISO image using Gentoo
Date: Fri, 09 May 2008 09:50:48
1 On Friday 09 May 2008, Mark Knecht wrote:
2
3 > 1) Is there a way for me to read the bootable ISO image into a
4 > directory on my machine
5 > 2) Edit the files
6 > 3) Make a new ISO image from the directory (mkisofs?)
7 >
8 > This seems 'relatively' straight forward. I haven't built it yet
9 > but I found isomaster in portage. Is it a good tool?
10
11 Yes, you can do the above using isomaster:
12
13 1) mount the iso to get at the files for editing
14 2) edit files and save somewhere
15 3) open iso image using isomaster
16 4) in isomaster remove the files to be replaced from the iso image
17 5) in isomaster browse to where your files were saved in (2) and add them
18 back into the image
19 6) save image and burn
22 Crayon
23 --