From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] [OT] Reading, editing and then burning a new ISO image using Gentoo
Date: Thu, 08 May 2008 16:28:08
1 Hi,
2 This is somewhat off topic. Ignore if it's of no interest.
3
4 I've got a DOS program called SpinRite that does low-level testing
5 of hard drives. I have the program in two forms:
6
7 1) A bootable CD that just runs the program
8 2) A stand alone DOS executable that can be run from a CD.
9
10 Both of the above run fine under FreeDOS. Problem is I don't know
11 how to load device drivers for USB unless I can edit a config.sys
12 file, create a new ISO and then burn a new CD. So...
13
14 1) Is there a way for me to read the bootable ISO image into a
15 directory on my machine
16 2) Edit the files
17 3) Make a new ISO image from the directory (mkisofs?)
18
19 This seems 'relatively' straight forward. I haven't built it yet
20 but I found isomaster in portage. Is it a good tool? Should I just do
21 this from the command line and if so how? How do the Gentoo packagers
22 put together the install CD images?
23
24 Thanks,
25 Mark