From: Toby Cubitt <tsc25@××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Change in kernel netfilter config causes an error
Date: Mon, 01 May 2006 13:14:09
1 On Mon, May 01, 2006 at 02:34:49PM +0200, Mick wrote:
2 > On 01/05/06, Rumen Yotov <rumen@××××××.org> wrote:
3 > >Graham Murray wrote:
4 > >> Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com> writes:
5 > >>>
6 > >>> I just compiled kernel-2.6.16-gentoo-r3 and it now causes an iptables
7 > >>> error when the machine boots. Any ideas how I can fix it?
8 > >>
9 > >> Kernel 2.6.16 made some major changes to the netfilter code.
10 >
11 > Also, is my (basic-but-functional) fw script now obsolete? Does it
12 > need to be changed - how would you make it compatible with the new
13 > netfilter nomenclature?
14
15 I don't think much changed in the iptables command, so your script
16 should still work fine once you compile the right options into the
17 kernel. Mine certainly did.
18
19 Toby
20 --
21 PhD Student
22 Quantum Information Theory group
23 Max Planck Institute for Quantum Optics
24 Garching, Germany
25
26 email: toby@××××××××.org
27 web: www.dr-qubit.org