From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Change in kernel netfilter config causes an error
Date: Mon, 01 May 2006 12:42:53
1 On 01/05/06, Rumen Yotov <rumen@××××××.org> wrote:
2 > Graham Murray wrote:
3 > > Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com> writes:
4 > >
5 > >> Hi All,
6 > >>
7 > >> I just compiled kernel-2.6.16-gentoo-r3 and it now causes an iptables
8 > >> error when the machine boots. Any ideas how I can fix it?
9 > >
10 > > Kernel 2.6.16 made some major changes to the netfilter code. It
11 > > introduces a new series of options - XTABLES as well as offering a new
12 > > layer-3 independent connection tracking (which is mutually exclusive
13 > > with the old IPv4 only system). So check that you have the correct
14 > > netfilter options set.
15 > Hi,
16 > Same here,couldn't directly use my old (.14/.15) kernel-config with .16.
17 > Run with --menuconfig/--xconfig etc. and go to configure netfilter
18 > options. Was on a router with shorewall.
19
20 Please have a quick look and tell me if my kernel config needs changing:
21
22 http://gentoo.michaelkintzios.fastmail.fm/2.6.16-r3_config.txt
23
24 Also, is my (basic-but-functional) fw script now obsolete? Does it
25 need to be changed - how would you make it compatible with the new
26 netfilter nomenclature?
27
28 http://gentoo.michaelkintzios.fastmail.fm/
29 --