From: dhk <dhkuhl@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] MIT-MAGIC-COOKIE
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2010 23:44:04
1 On 11/11/2010 04:42 PM, Paul Hartman wrote:
2 > On Wed, Nov 10, 2010 at 5:35 PM, dhk <dhkuhl@×××××××××.net> wrote:
3 >> Lately I've been getting this MIT-MAGIC-COOKIE error. It only happens
4 >> when I'm logged into my home amd64 box from my office x86 box. I use
5 >> ssh -X ip.add.res.s to log in. Everything seems to work and save fine
6 >> except for the error message and not being able to run an x-application
7 >> remotely.
8 >>
9 >> The first error occurs when I try to run an x-application remotely.
10 >> $ jpilot
11 >> Invalid MIT-MAGIC-COOKIE-1 keyInvalid MIT-MAGIC-COOKIE-1 key
12 >> (jpilot:16276): Gtk-WARNING **: cannot open display: localhost:11.0
13 >>
14 >> The second error occurs after I exit a file from a text editor.
15 >> $ vi file.txt
16 >> Invalid MIT-MAGIC-COOKIE-1 keyInvalid MIT-MAGIC-COOKIE-1 key
17 >>
18 >> I've been doing this for years without any problems and this probably
19 >> started in the last month or so.
20 >>
21 >> I've seen a few things on line, but nothing that looks right. I also
22 >> don't want to run the xhost+ command.
23 >>
24 >> Any ideas?
25 >
26 > I think you need to use xauth to check the permissions. Did your
27 > remote machine name or something else like that significantly change
28 > recently?
33 Very good, the -Y option worked, but I'm still confused why the -X
34 stopped working. I suspect it has to do with the openssl update a few
35 weeks ago on the x86 box at the office. After that update my ssh
36 sessions were timing out, also, even though I have Client ans Server
37 Alive's set in sshd_config and ssh_config.
38
39 Thanks,
40
41 --dhk