From: Michael Higgins <linux@×××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Mail on multiple laptops
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2008 15:01:14
1 On Tue, 15 Jul 2008 10:11:08 -0400 (EDT)
2 "James" <bjlockie@××××××.ca> wrote:
3
4 > On Tue, July 15, 2008 9:05 am, Michael Pobega wrote:
5 > > I've always had just one laptop so I've been a POP user for years
6 > > now, but I'm finally buying a second laptop for travels (Asus Eee
7 > > PC) and I was wondering what gentoo-user would recommend as a good
8 > > way to keep the mail synced on both of my machines.
9
10 IMAP++
13 > > I was looking into IMAP but I can't really figure out how it works,
14 > > and Google doesn't offer IMAP, and I'd like to keep this e-mail
15 > > address. Can anyone make any suggestions?
16
17 I've had some luck with unison. Just sync to a common storage before
18 and after using your laptops.
19
20 Good luck.
21