From: gottlieb@×××.edu
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] recent trouble with wicd and systemd (non-global ctrl_ifname)
Date: Sat, 14 Dec 2013 21:52:34
1 On Fri, Dec 13 2013, gottlieb@×××.edu wrote:
2
3 > On Fri, Dec 13 2013, Bruce Hill wrote:
4 >
5 >> On Thu, Dec 12, 2013 at 08:05:14PM -0500, gottlieb@×××.edu wrote:
6 >>>
7 >>> thanks but I had done that and the command is simply
8 >>> /usr/sbin/wicd --no-daemon
9 >>> Perhaps relevant is Type=dbus
10 >>>
11 >>> Canek points out that wicd has had no new releases. Perhaps I should
12 >>> switch to networkmanager. I will try that tomorrow.
13 >>>
14 >>> Thank you both,
15 >>> allan
16 >>
17 >> Again, I haven't looked at the thread, and don't use systemd, either, but wicd
18 >> needs to start in daemon.
19 >>
20 >> wicd - wireless connection daemon implementation
21 >
22 > I didn't write that service file; it came with wice. So I believe it is
23 > correct. Also it works perfectly on my backup system.
24 >
25 > I certainly can try again with the --no-daemon removed and will do so
26 > this weekend.
27 >
28 > thanks for your help.
29 > allan
30
31 Removing --no-daemon did not fix the problem.
32 allan