From: gottlieb@×××.edu
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] recent trouble with wicd and systemd (non-global ctrl_ifname)
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2013 20:13:14
1 On Fri, Dec 13 2013, Bruce Hill wrote:
2
3 > On Thu, Dec 12, 2013 at 08:05:14PM -0500, gottlieb@×××.edu wrote:
4 >>
5 >> thanks but I had done that and the command is simply
6 >> /usr/sbin/wicd --no-daemon
7 >> Perhaps relevant is Type=dbus
8 >>
9 >> Canek points out that wicd has had no new releases. Perhaps I should
10 >> switch to networkmanager. I will try that tomorrow.
11 >>
12 >> Thank you both,
13 >> allan
14 >
15 > Again, I haven't looked at the thread, and don't use systemd, either, but wicd
16 > needs to start in daemon.
17 >
18 > wicd - wireless connection daemon implementation
19
20 I didn't write that service file; it came with wice. So I believe it is
21 correct. Also it works perfectly on my backup system.
22
23 I certainly can try again with the --no-daemon removed and will do so
24 this weekend.
25
26 thanks for your help.
27 allan