From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] What's broken with portage now?
Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2006 20:16:37
1 On 23/04/06, Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > I run eix-sync instead. I just ran it with no problems here.
3 >
4 > Hope this helps,
5 > Mark
6
7 Sorry, I should have said, I ran eix-sync -v first and after a little
8 while I also tried to run emerge --sync. I got the same errors on
9 both occasions.
10
11 Just tried again for a third time now with the same result!
12
13 What do such errors indicate:
14 =========================
15 Failed cache update: gnome-extra/zenity-2.10.1 "Corruption detected
16 when reading key 'zenity-2.10.1': dictionary update sequence element
17 #0 has length 1; 2 is required"
18
19 Failed cache update: gnome-extra/zenity-2.14.0 "Corruption detected
20 when reading key 'zenity-2.14.0': dictionary update sequence element
21 #0 has length 1; 2 is required"
23
24 I've got my portage on an xfs partition on this laptop . . . could it
25 be related to this?
26 --
27 Regards,
28 Mick