From: Ian Zimmerman <itz@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: palemoon again
Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2017 04:21:26
1 On 2017-04-14 20:09, R0b0t1 wrote:
2
3 > I apologize as this doesn't directly speak to your question, but I
4 > would be careful if using Firefox forks - they tend to lag behind the
5 > main release in security fixes.
6
7 One may indeed get such impression when reading the Changelog or Release
8 Notes of palemoon. However, for me the bigger picture is: for every
9 flaw whose fix is so delayed, there are _two_ new flaws in Firefox (yet
10 undiscovered), thanks to its uneding stream of new "features".
11
12 > You might consider Iridium browser (a Chromium fork), though I
13 > personally still prefer Firefox despite changes to the main
14 > distribution I have disagreed with.
15
16 Does Iridium lack this same problem?
17
18 The bar is extremely high to make me switch away from the Mozilla
19 family. I had looked at Chromium several times before I chose palemoon,
20 and I turned away as soon as I saw that it depended on gconf.
23 Please *no* private Cc: on mailing lists and newsgroups
24 Personal signed mail: please _encrypt_ and sign
25 Don't clear-text sign:
26 http://primate.net/~itz/blog/the-problem-with-gpg-signatures.html