From: R0b0t1 <r030t1@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: palemoon again
Date: Sun, 16 Apr 2017 04:27:35
1 On Fri, Apr 14, 2017 at 11:21 PM, Ian Zimmerman <itz@×××××××.net> wrote:
2 >> You might consider Iridium browser (a Chromium fork), though I
3 >> personally still prefer Firefox despite changes to the main
4 >> distribution I have disagreed with.
5 >
6 > Does Iridium lack this same problem?
7 >
8 > The bar is extremely high to make me switch away from the Mozilla
9 > family. I had looked at Chromium several times before I chose palemoon,
10 > and I turned away as soon as I saw that it depended on gconf.
13 It certainly seemed that way, and the project admits it is less secure
14 than the unforked codebase, however it may eventually end up as
15 Palemoon did for a while. Walter's comment has made me more interested
16 in Palemoon again.