From: tuxic@××××××.de
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Wiki-viewer anyone?
Date: Fri, 06 Oct 2017 22:41:46
1 On 10/06 05:49, Andrew Tselischev wrote:
2 > On Fri, Oct 06, 2017 at 07:07:04PM +0200, tuxic@××××××.de wrote:
3 > > Hi,
4 > >
5 > > The u8g8lib, which contains libraries to drive a great amount of
6 > > displays for mainly embedded electronics has a wiki on github, which
7 > > can be oficially git-pulled as a local copy...which I did.
8 > >
9 > > Now I have tons of *.md (markdown) -files instead of html and I
10 > > dont know of any handy viewer for these.
11 > >
12 > > Since I want to update the repo from time to time
13 > > I dont want to convert them.
14 > >
15 > > Is there any recommended quick and clean way to view these files on the fly as
16 > > they would be html?
17 > >
18 > > Thanks a lot for any help in advance!
19 > > Cheers
20 > > Meino
23 > Markdown is a markup language that was specifically designed to be readable in the source.
24 >
25 > However, if you still find it hard to read, perhaps syntax highlighting in a fancy
26 > text editor can help approximate the intended effects of the markup.
27 >
28 > Also, there are markdown-to-HTML translators. Some are even included in portage tree.
32 I dont want to convert the md-files to html, since I want to update
33 the repo later (see above).
34 The problem are files referencing other files. Reading the md-files
35 via vim (for example) would imply to grab all references by hand.
36 Fortheremore, tne docs are filled with graphics (for example images
37 of the fonts, which can be used), which cannot be displayed with an
38 ASCII-editor.
39 Formatting is necassary with this docs...