From: Michael Mol <mikemol@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Is grub2 stable and who uses it?
Date: Fri, 07 Oct 2011 00:43:49
1 On Oct 6, 2011 8:10 PM, "Peter Humphrey" <peter@××××××××××××××.org> wrote:
2 >
3 > On Thursday 06 October 2011 17:40:33 Sebastian Beßler wrote:
4 >
5 > > Am 06.10.2011 17:25, schrieb Michael Mol:
6 >
7 > > >> Let's hold a poll. How many list readers get it?
8 >
9 > > >
10 >
11 > > > It's not c which is in doubt, but its function as an upper limit. ;)
15 > > And even if the results a true and not an error then there is a list of
16 >
17 > > possible explanations. Most of them leave c as upper limit in place.
18 >
19 > > Quantum Mechanics has many aces in his sleeve like micro wormholes or
20 >
21 > > traveling through higher dimensions. All these dimensions from string
22 >
23 > > theorie must be good for something ;-)
26 > Just think of the consequences if c is not the ultimate speed limit. I am,
27 and they're so numerous that I can't even contemplate them all.
28
29 Avoiding fantasizing about FTL physical travel, FTL information transfer
30 using nutrinos strikes me as the most fascinating prospect. Imagine being
31 able to set up a direct point-to-point link through the globe. Skip surface
32 latency, get a direct Gigabit link between, e.g. Australia and the US.