From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] akonadi ... don't you just love it?
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2014 09:06:05
1 On Sunday 10 Aug 2014 10:34:44 J. Roeleveld wrote:
2 > On Saturday, August 09, 2014 09:00:48 PM Mick wrote:
3 > > First some general observations that relate to kmail2:
4 > >
5 > > I thought of giving the latest kmail-4.12.5 a spin. So installed it on a
6 > > machine and set up a couple of IMAP4 servers to get messages from. An
7 > > account with a messages in the low hundreds works fine. An account with
8 > > messages in the 100k plus range works like a dog. While kmail fetches
9 > > headers and then akonadi sets off to organise threads and whatever else
10 > > it wants to do the application becomes pretty much unresponsive and the
11 > > CPU climbs up to 98%. Half an hour later I can get back to it. :-@
12 > >
13 > > Anyway, this is not the current problem. I updated mysql to 5.5.39, then
14 > > I kmail would not start with akonadi failing with "mysql log containing
15 >
16 > > errors". So I ran:
17 > <snipped>
18 >
19 > Why do you run unstable mysql with stable kmail?
20
21 mysql-5.5.39 is stable now.
24 Regards,
25 Mick