From: Kerin Millar <kerframil@×××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [slightly O/T] mysql problems
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2014 20:16:02
1 On 14/10/2014 19:54, Mick wrote:
2 > Hi All,
3 >
4 > This may be slightly off topic, but I thought of asking here first. I noticed
5 > two problems, one specific to a particular database, the other more general.
6 > In reverse order:
9 > 1. I am getting this error when I start mysqld
10 >
11 > 141014 19:41:38 [Warning] /usr/sbin/mysqld: unknown option '--loose-federated'
12 >
13 > Sure enough I seem to have this in /etc/mysql/my.cnf:
14 >
15 > # Uncomment this to get FEDERATED engine support
16 > #plugin-load=federated=ha_federated.so
17 > loose-federated
18 >
19 > As far as I recall this is a default setting. Should I change it?
20
21 No. I presume that you are not actively using the federated storage
22 engine but let's put that aside because there is more to this error than
23 meets the eye.
24
25 Check your MySQL error log and look for any anomalies from the point at
26 which MySQL is started. If you don't know where the log file is, execute
27 "SELECT @@log_error".
28
29 I have several questions:
30
31 * Have you started MySQL with skip-grant-tables in effect?
32 * Have you upgraded MySQL recently without going through the
33 documented upgrade procedure? [1]
34 * Have you copied files into MySQL's data directory that originated
35 from a different version of MySQL?
36 * Have you otherwise removed or modified files in the data directory?
40 > 2. A particular database which I have imported locally from a live site gives
41 > me loads of this:
42
43 The wording here suggests a broader context that would be relevant.
44 Please be specific as to the circumstances. What procedure did you
45 employ in order to migrate and import the database? What do you mean by
46 "live site"? Which versions of MySQL are running at both source and
47 destination? How are they configured?
50 > 141014 19:41:37 InnoDB: Operating system error number 2 in a file operation.
51 > InnoDB: The error means the system cannot find the path specified.
52 > InnoDB: If you are installing InnoDB, remember that you must create
53 > InnoDB: directories yourself, InnoDB does not create them.
54 > 141014 19:41:37 InnoDB: Error: trying to open a table, but could not
55 > InnoDB: open the tablespace file
56 > './website1@002dnew/webform_validation_rule_components.ibd'!
57 > InnoDB: Have you moved InnoDB .ibd files around without using the
58 > InnoDB: commands DISCARD TABLESPACE and IMPORT TABLESPACE?
59 > InnoDB: It is also possible that this is a temporary table #sql...,
60 > InnoDB: and MySQL removed the .ibd file for this.
63 > Is this some error imported from the live site, or is it due to something
64 > being wrong locally?
65
66 MySQL believes that an InnoDB table named
67 "webform_validation_rule_components" presently exists in a database
68 named "website1@002dnew" but the corresponding tablespace file does not
69 exist, relative to the MySQL datadir. The reason for this may become
70 clear if you answer the questions posed above.
71
72 --Kerin
73
74 [1]