From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] [slightly O/T] mysql problems
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2014 18:55:37
1 Hi All,
2
3 This may be slightly off topic, but I thought of asking here first. I noticed
4 two problems, one specific to a particular database, the other more general.
5 In reverse order:
8 1. I am getting this error when I start mysqld
9
10 141014 19:41:38 [Warning] /usr/sbin/mysqld: unknown option '--loose-federated'
11
12 Sure enough I seem to have this in /etc/mysql/my.cnf:
13
14 # Uncomment this to get FEDERATED engine support
15 #plugin-load=federated=ha_federated.so
16 loose-federated
17
18 As far as I recall this is a default setting. Should I change it?
21 2. A particular database which I have imported locally from a live site gives
22 me loads of this:
23
24 141014 19:41:37 InnoDB: Operating system error number 2 in a file operation.
25 InnoDB: The error means the system cannot find the path specified.
26 InnoDB: If you are installing InnoDB, remember that you must create
27 InnoDB: directories yourself, InnoDB does not create them.
28 141014 19:41:37 InnoDB: Error: trying to open a table, but could not
29 InnoDB: open the tablespace file
30 './website1@002dnew/webform_validation_rule_components.ibd'!
31 InnoDB: Have you moved InnoDB .ibd files around without using the
32 InnoDB: commands DISCARD TABLESPACE and IMPORT TABLESPACE?
33 InnoDB: It is also possible that this is a temporary table #sql...,
34 InnoDB: and MySQL removed the .ibd file for this.
37 Is this some error imported from the live site, or is it due to something
38 being wrong locally?
39
40 Any ideas how to fix this?
43 Regards,