From: Volker Armin Hemmann <volkerarmin@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] separate / and /usr to require initramfs 2013-11-01
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2013 21:04:15
1 Am 30.09.2013 22:48, schrieb Dale:
2 > Volker Armin Hemmann wrote:
3 >> 500gb harddisks are extremely cheap. 150gb for / with usr and you will
4 >> be fine for ages. Why are you acting like this is a problem?
5 > Maybe cheap for you but not so for me. I'm on a fixed income,
6 > disabled. Also, my brother has cancer and I'm taking him to treatments
7 > that are about 75 miles away one way. I'm buying gas since he can't
8 > work much if any right now either. Right now, buying anything computer
9 > related is out of the question. I got much more important things to
10 > deal wtih. I'm certainly not going to be able to do that in the next 30
11 > days. So, computer, Gentoo as well, is pretty low on the priority
12 > list. I suspect I will be bootable for a good while but have a plan B
13 > if needed.
14 >
15 > Dale
16 >
18 >
19 you are talking to a person whose income is only slightly above social
20 security levels and I am still be able to buy an adequate hdd once in a
21 while.