From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] separate / and /usr to require initramfs 2013-11-01
Date: Tue, 01 Oct 2013 01:43:39
1 Volker Armin Hemmann wrote:
2 > Am 30.09.2013 22:48, schrieb Dale:
3 >> Volker Armin Hemmann wrote:
4 >>> 500gb harddisks are extremely cheap. 150gb for / with usr and you will
5 >>> be fine for ages. Why are you acting like this is a problem?
6 >> Maybe cheap for you but not so for me. I'm on a fixed income,
7 >> disabled. Also, my brother has cancer and I'm taking him to treatments
8 >> that are about 75 miles away one way. I'm buying gas since he can't
9 >> work much if any right now either. Right now, buying anything computer
10 >> related is out of the question. I got much more important things to
11 >> deal wtih. I'm certainly not going to be able to do that in the next 30
12 >> days. So, computer, Gentoo as well, is pretty low on the priority
13 >> list. I suspect I will be bootable for a good while but have a plan B
14 >> if needed.
15 >>
16 >> Dale
17 >>
18 >> :-) :-)
19 >>
20 > you are talking to a person whose income is only slightly above social
21 > security levels and I am still be able to buy an adequate hdd once in a
22 > while.
26 As I said, I got other more important things to deal with right now. My
27 money is going to that not hard drives.
28
29 Dale
30
34 I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or how you interpreted my words!