From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] KDE and HARD lock ups.
Date: Sat, 09 Jul 2011 06:31:17
1 Mark Knecht wrote:
2 >
3 > You should continue to investigate the glibc thing. There was a thread
4 > about how it's causing problems for someone running LibreOffice I
5 > think.
6 >
7 > You might also look more at what part of Firefox s causing the lockup.
8 > Is it Firefox proper, or is it something caused by your homepage? For
9 > instance, if they make use of Flash or Java it could be one of them
10 > causing the lockup and not specifically Firefox itself. Can yo erase
11 > Firefox preferences so that it opes to a blank page. Does it still
12 > lock up. Have you removed all cookies, etc., to see if one of them is
13 > causing the problems. Since fluxbox doesn't crash as often you might
14 > work there to clean things up and then come back to KDE to see if it
15 > has helped.
16 >
17 > Consider an emerge -C on things you don't absolutely need, like Flash
18 > or whatever you're using, to figure out what's involved. Also, are you
19 > using Firefox 3 or 4? Consider trying the other.
20 >
21 > As with other apps, try running Firefox from a terminal and see if it
22 > throws any error messages.
23 >
24 > Good luck,
25 > Mark
31 I haven't been ignoring your suggestions but I did try them a bit ago.
32 It's in another reply. Thanks for the suggestions tho.
33
34 As for trying to run from a terminal, if I do that, I can't see the
35 errors and when the kernel panics, I lose the messages. Sort of a catch
36 22 here. Would be nice if I could tho.
37
38 Thanks.
39
40 Dale