From: Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Grub2 and is the upgrade a tooth puller.
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2012 20:48:22
1 On 2012-06-29, Alecks Gates <alecks.g@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > I've never had a problem with Grub 2 + Windows (XP, Vista, 7, still
4 > haven't had the will to sacrifice myself for 8).
5
6 I've had problems with Ubuntu and Grub2. It seems you can't install
7 grub2 anywhere except the MBR, but I think that may be a bug in the
8 installer rather than Grub2.
9
10 > Although sometimes it seems, with all the complaining some linux
11 > users like to do about new software, I must be a wee bit lucky.
12
13 Nah, mostly we just like to complain.
14
15 Young kids these days with their fancy graphics and bloated
16 software...
17
18 Things have been going steadily downhill since the days of V7 on a
19 PDP-11 with 256K words of RAM, a 20MB hard drive and uucp via dial-up
20 modems for "networking". Real programmers didn't _need_ more that 64k
21 of text and 64k data to get the job done. And that machine supported
22 8 software engineers doing embedded SW development. In the snow. Up
23 hill both ways. And we liked it!
24
25 > Been using Grub 2 alpha/beta for years with much success! I've so
26 > far enjoyed the configuration more than legacy Grub.
29 Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards Yow! MMM-MM!! So THIS is
30 at BIO-NEBULATION!
31 gmail.com