From: Daevid Vincent <daevid@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Gnome / problem registering the panel with bonobo-activation-server / error code 3
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2007 05:40:12
1 Okay. My gnome is broken and has been for some time and I can't seem to fix
2 it or find any solutions on the web. I was hoping eventually some emerge
3 would fix it magically for me.
4
5 When I start it (even as root), it gets to the third icon (like a desktop
6 looking one), then gives me some "Nautilus can't be used now, due to an
7 unexpected error" while attempting to register the file manager view server.
8 There is also another error window that says something about "problem
9 registering the panel with bonobo-activation-server" and "error code is 3".
10 Then I click "ok" and it exits. Leaving me with an empty itty-bitty
11 checker-board like pattern screen and a mouse pointer. I have to hit
12 CTRL+ALT+BKSP to get out of it.
13
14 I've tried to re-emerge
15
16 gnome-base/libbonobo 2.16.0
17 gnome-base/libbonoboui 2.16.0
18 gnome-base/orbit 2.14.2
19 gnome-base/nautilus 2.16.3
20
21 And nothing is fixing it.
22
23 I've also done a rev-dep-rebuild to no avail.
24
25 Ideas?
28 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list