From: Dan Farrell <dan@×××××××××.cx>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Index to /usr/share/doc/...html... a reinvented wheel?
Date: Sat, 07 Jul 2007 14:12:31
1 On Sat, 7 Jul 2007 00:31:53 +0100
2 Paul Gibbons <paul@××××××××××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > On Tue, 3 Jul 2007 15:19:14 -0700
5 > "Kevin O'Gorman" <kogorman@×××××.com> wrote:
6 >
7 > > I emerge with the doc USE flag and generally have a bunch of stuff
8 > > in /usr/share/doc. Most of the time it's the HTML stuff I want to
9 > > read, but it's a annoyingly laborious to wade through unindexed
10 > > directgories and get a browser pointing to the right thing. So I
11 > > wrote a little Perl script to create a top-level "index.html",
12 > > organized by package and with a bit of rudimentary pruning. I
13 > > bookmarked it in Firefox, and can get to things a lot faster now. I
14 > > like the result, and will continue to tweak it here and there.
15 > >
16 > > Did I just reinvent a wheel? If not, is there any point it trying to
17 > > make this part of gentoo? If so, how would one do that?
18 > >
19 > > Current script attached.
20 > >
21 > Thanks for the script - it seems to create the index file fine.
22 > However the index.html files are only readable by root.
23 > Is there a treat when running emerge to ensure files are readable by
24 > others?
28 Try running the script as a different user, and/or maybe appending to
29 the end a command to change the group to the webserver group (probably
30 apache) and to group permissions to allow reading.
31 --
32 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list