From: Paul Gibbons <paul@××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Index to /usr/share/doc/...html... a reinvented wheel?
Date: Fri, 06 Jul 2007 22:38:16
1 On Tue, 3 Jul 2007 15:19:14 -0700
2 "Kevin O'Gorman" <kogorman@×××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > I emerge with the doc USE flag and generally have a bunch of stuff in
5 > /usr/share/doc. Most of the time it's the HTML stuff I want to read,
6 > but it's a annoyingly laborious to wade through unindexed
7 > directgories and get a browser pointing to the right thing. So I
8 > wrote a little Perl script to create a top-level "index.html",
9 > organized by package and with a bit of rudimentary pruning. I
10 > bookmarked it in Firefox, and can get to things a lot faster now. I
11 > like the result, and will continue to tweak it here and there.
12 >
13 > Did I just reinvent a wheel? If not, is there any point it trying to
14 > make this part of gentoo? If so, how would one do that?
15 >
16 > Current script attached.
17 >
18 Thanks for the script - it seems to create the index file fine.
19 However the index.html files are only readable by root.
20 Is there a treat when running emerge to ensure files are readable by
21 others?
27 ##### ## ###
28 ###### /### ###
29 /# / / ### ##
30 / / / ### ##
31 / / ## ##
32 ## ## ## /### ## #### ##
33 ## ## ## / ### / ## ### / ## paul@××××××××××××.com
34 /### ## / / ###/ ## ###/ ## mobile: 07972184336
35 / ### ## / ## ## ## ## ##
36 ## ######/ ## ## ## ## ##
37 ## ###### ## ## ## ## ##
38 ## ## ## ## ## ## ##
39 ## ## ## /# ## /# ##
40 ## ## ####/ ## ######/ ## ### /
43 ### /
44 #####/
45 ###
46
47 Linux 2.6.20-gentoo-r8
48 x86_64 AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3000+ AuthenticAMD GNU/Linux
49 --
50 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list