From: Kevin O'Gorman <kogorman@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Index to /usr/share/doc/...html... a reinvented wheel?
Date: Tue, 03 Jul 2007 22:26:39
1 I emerge with the doc USE flag and generally have a bunch of stuff in
2 /usr/share/doc. Most of the time it's the HTML stuff I want to read, but
3 it's a annoyingly laborious to wade through unindexed directgories and get a
4 browser pointing to the right thing. So I wrote a little Perl script to
5 create a top-level "index.html", organized by package and with a bit of
6 rudimentary pruning. I bookmarked it in Firefox, and can get to things a
7 lot faster now. I like the result, and will continue to tweak it here and
8 there.
9
10 Did I just reinvent a wheel? If not, is there any point it trying to make
11 this part of gentoo? If so, how would one do that?
12
13 Current script attached.
16 Kevin O'Gorman, PhD

makeindex.perl application/octet-stream