From: Jalus Bilieyich <countolaf17@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Troubleshooting mounting local filesystems
Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2017 14:12:32
1 Did you perform this action:
2
3 rc-update add localmount default
4
5 ?
6
7 On 12/30/2017 09:22 PM, Daniel Frey wrote:
8 > Some background:
9 >
10 > A little while back I had a drive drop out of my hardware RAID. I don't
11 > think this has anything to do with the problem I'm having, but I thought
12 > I should mention it. The RAID health is fine and I can see there's not
13 > any delay in dmesg (the RAID array is detected as /dev/sdc).
14 >
15 > On startup, I share the RAID, and hence I mount it locally under /mnt,
16 > then again under /nfs4exports.
17 >
18 > Note: I'm using openrc.
19 >
20 > For some reason, the entry under /mnt does not mount on startup. There's
21 > no error or any indication of anything going wrong during startup
22 > (nothing in dmesg or /var/log/messages regarding any sort of mount
23 > trouble.)
24 >
25 > So what happens is nfs starts up but it's missing the one export. I have
26 > to stop nfs, unmount the entry under /nfs4exports, unmount the entry
27 > under /mnt, then mount /dev/sdc1 to /mnt, the mount the entry under
28 > /nfs4exports. After this, everything is mounted properly and I restart nfs.
29 >
30 > I looked at the /etc/init.d/localmount script and it's supposed to spit
31 > out a message if something cannot mount but it does not report any error.
32 >
33 > Is there any sort of logging I can enable to tell me exactly what's
34 > happening? Other local filesystems (total of three) all mount fine.
35 >
36 > Dan