From: Daniel Frey <djqfrey@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Troubleshooting mounting local filesystems
Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2017 03:22:22
1 Some background:
2
3 A little while back I had a drive drop out of my hardware RAID. I don't
4 think this has anything to do with the problem I'm having, but I thought
5 I should mention it. The RAID health is fine and I can see there's not
6 any delay in dmesg (the RAID array is detected as /dev/sdc).
7
8 On startup, I share the RAID, and hence I mount it locally under /mnt,
9 then again under /nfs4exports.
10
11 Note: I'm using openrc.
12
13 For some reason, the entry under /mnt does not mount on startup. There's
14 no error or any indication of anything going wrong during startup
15 (nothing in dmesg or /var/log/messages regarding any sort of mount trouble.)
16
17 So what happens is nfs starts up but it's missing the one export. I have
18 to stop nfs, unmount the entry under /nfs4exports, unmount the entry
19 under /mnt, then mount /dev/sdc1 to /mnt, the mount the entry under
20 /nfs4exports. After this, everything is mounted properly and I restart nfs.
21
22 I looked at the /etc/init.d/localmount script and it's supposed to spit
23 out a message if something cannot mount but it does not report any error.
24
25 Is there any sort of logging I can enable to tell me exactly what's
26 happening? Other local filesystems (total of three) all mount fine.
27
28 Dan