From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: Switching from grub to grub2 - WAS Re: [gentoo-user] fdisk warnings during install; questions
Date: Fri, 10 May 2013 19:42:14
1 On Fri, 10 May 2013 09:33:10 -0400, Tanstaafl wrote:
2
3 > So, how was the switch? Uneventful? The more I read, and once I
4 > learned you could still use a monolithic config file, the less this
5 > looks like a big deal...
6
7 STILL use a monolithic config file? GRUB2 has to use a monolithic config
8 file, usually /boot/grub2/grub.cfg. grub-mkconfig is not a bootloader,
9 just an easy way of managing that monolithic configuration file.
13 Neil Bothwick
14
15 If the funeral procession is at night, do folks drive with their lights
16 off?