From: Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: Switching from grub to grub2 - WAS Re: [gentoo-user] fdisk warnings during install; questions
Date: Sat, 11 May 2013 11:40:32
1 On 10 May 2013, at 20:42, Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Fri, 10 May 2013 09:33:10 -0400, Tanstaafl wrote:
3 >
4 >> So, how was the switch? Uneventful? The more I read, and once I
5 >> learned you could still use a monolithic config file, the less this
6 >> looks like a big deal...
7 >
8 > STILL use a monolithic config file? GRUB2 has to use a monolithic config
9 > file, usually /boot/grub2/grub.cfg. grub-mkconfig is not a bootloader,
10 > just an easy way of managing that monolithic configuration file.
11
12 You seem to have take it as a criticism, but I read previous message as approving of monolithic config files.
13
14 "grub2 looks ok, because it still uses a monolithic config file"
15
16 Stroller.