From: Raffaele BELARDI <raffaele.belardi@××.com>
To: "gentoo-user@l.g.o" <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] wget with http proxy
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2014 16:28:16
1 Stroller wrote:
2 >
3 > On Wed, 12 February 2014, at 9:00 am, Raffaele BELARDI <raffaele.belardi@××.com> wrote:
4 >
5 >> I'm setting up a dedicated firewall / http proxy-cache (Squid) for my
6 >> home network, with user authentication in 'digest' mode. Works fine with
7 >> browsers but sometimes emerge fails.
8 >
9 > If I'm understanding correctly, users will have to enter a password to access the internet.
10 >
11 > My experience was that some whitelisting was necessary quite aside from Gentoo emerges, so I'd just add some Gentoo mirrors in there as "allow all" sites.
14 By whitelisting you mean allowing access to some sites without
15 authenticating the user on the proxy? In what cases did you find this
16 necessary?
17
18 I plan to deploy on the same server also a content filter (DansGuardian)
19 and all of this is new for me. I understood whitelisting can be done on
20 DansGuardian to bypass URL filtering but here you are suggesting a
21 different approach (bypass proxy authentication), right?
22
23 raffaele