From: Leigh Stewart <agrodellic@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Init Scripts, net, and LinuxAnt DriverLoader
Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2006 15:17:53
1 Hi All,
2 I'm having a bit of trouble trying to get the Gentoo net init scripts to
3 play nice with the linuxant driverloader ndiswrapper.
4
5 First, yes I have tried (read: struggled) with ndiswrapper a fair bit with
6 no luck...I can only get my card to connect to an unencrypted channel with
7 ndiswrapper, and am not able to set any parameters, including the encryption
8 key. driverloader works however, for the most part...
9
10 So anyway here are some specs first:
11 card: Linksys WPC54G v4
12 driver: wlipnds
13 relevant lspci line: 03:00.0 Ethernet controller: Linksys, A Division of
14 Cisco Systems [AirConn] INPROCOMM IPN 2220 Wireless LAN Adapter (rev 01)
15 driverloader version: 2.33
16
17 now my problem is that when I try to start the interface created by the
18 installed driverloader module using /etc/init.d/eth1... , it fails
19 miserably. by fails miserably i mean it is unable to connect to my