From: Leigh Stewart <agrodellic@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Init Scripts, net, and LinuxAnt DriverLoader
Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2006 15:25:10
1 sorry, i accidentally sent that prematurely.
2
3 as i was saying, the init scripts fail to set the encryption key and connect
4 to my network. using iwconfig otoh i am able to set the essid, enc key and
5 etc and connect to the AP of choice.
6
7 worse, after running the init script the card becomes completely unable to
8 connect--using iwconfig methods after using the init scripts has no effect,
9 and even unloading the module , reloading it, and retsarting the
10 driverloader init scripts does not remedy the situation.
11
12 my question is can anyone tell me what the init scripts are doing in
13 addition to what i would like them to do (execute the commands in
14 /etc/conf.d/wireless) that may be clobbering my driver/card? any idea why
15 the same commands work just fine usinmg iwconfig??
16
17 thanks in advance
18