From: Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Beautifying goot and halt process
Date: Thu, 08 Jul 2010 03:15:59
1 On Thu, Jul 08, 2010 at 04:33:20AM +0200, meino.cramer@×××.de wrote
2
3 > I think, switching to the console as such isnt the problem here as
4 > it works. The problem is the switching process itsself. "To switch"
5 > generates that flickering colors. May be turning off brightness,
6 > switching and turning on brightness /may/ help...but how?
7
8 The command for that *IN X WINDOWS* is...
9
10 xset dpms force off
11
12 If you want to do it manually from the keyboard, I suggest typing...
13
14 sleep 3 ; xset dpms force off
15
16 This will wait 3 seconds before switching the screen off. Any mouse
17 or keyboard action should wake up the screen. The 3 second delay is so
18 that the keyboard bouncing back from you hitting {ENTER} doesn't wake up
19 the screen.
22 Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>