From: Drew Tomlinson <drew@××××××××××××××.net>
To: Gentoo User <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Advansys SCSI Support in 2.6.13-r5 Kernel?
Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2005 17:33:55
1 I am trying to upgrade from a 2.6.11 genkernel to 2.6.13-r5 genkernel.
2 However when booting, I get a message about root not being a valid root
3 device and then a prompt to enter the correct one.
4
5 I'm a noob at this so don't assume I've done the obvious. :)
6
7 I've searched Google and it appears likely that my problem is that
8 Advansys SCSI support is either not built into my kernel or is built as
9 a module? In any event, I ran genkernel with the --menuconfig option to
10 check it out. But I could not find Advansys support in the SCSI Low
11 Level Drivers section. Searching on 'advansys' revealed this:
12
13 Symbol: SCSI_ADVANSYS [=n]
14 Prompt: AdvanSys SCSI support
15 Defined at drivers/scsi/Kconfig:401
16 Depends on: (ISA || EISA || PCI) && SCSI && BROKEN
17 Location:
18 -> Device Drivers
19 -> SCSI device support
20 -> SCSI device support (SCSI [=y])
21 -> SCSI low-level drivers
22
23 So why does this not show up in menuconfig and is there some way to turn
24 this on?
25
26 Thanks,
29 Drew
32 Visit The Alchemist's Warehouse
33 Magic Tricks, DVDs, Videos, Books, & More!
34
35 http://www.alchemistswarehouse.com
38 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list