From: Michael Sullivan <msulli1355@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Need help with pvrusb2
Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2011 22:14:43
1 On 10/23/11 16:52, Florian Philipp wrote:
2 > Am 23.10.2011 23:36, schrieb Michael Sullivan:
3 >> Hello. I recently purchased a Hauppauge WinTV-HVR external TV card.
4 >> I'm trying to get it to work with Gentoo Linux. I think I've followed
5 >> the steps found at
6 >> http://linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Hauppauge_WinTV-HVR-1900 correctly,
7 >> but I'm still getting errors. When I plug the TV card into the USB slot
8 >> in the back of the computer and search dmesg, it says:
9 >>
10 > [...]
13 >> I've emerged linuxtv-dvb-firmware and reissued the above command with no
14 >> change. How do I get Gentoo to recognize this card?
15 >> -Michael Sullivan-
18 > Try media-tv/ivtv-firmware. For some reason, that works better for me.
19 > And also media-tv/ivtv-utils.
20 >
21 > BTW: If your HVR behaves the same as my old PVR2, it can sometimes help
22 > to suspend and wake the system to get it working.
25 I suspended the system, but now I can't wake it up again! I hit the
26 power button, and I heard a sound through the speakers similar to an
27 error sound. I would say a barb sound, but I doubt any of you would be
28 able to make sense of it. The only visual output of that computer is a
29 video output component going to the TV set. I work on that computer
30 through ssh from another one in another room. Should I just restart it
31 manually? If not, how do I wake it up?